Sunday, April 4, 2010

Introducing Your 2010 Pittsburgh Pirates...

From Dejan Kovacevic at the PG:
Forget .500 ball, get Cooperstown on the phone!

Seriously, every year at Pirate opener time I think "hell, this just may be the year. Maybe these are the guys." Then, before I know it, I'm wishing for L.A. Law's  Arnie Becker, Willie Mayes Hayes, and Carlos Irwin Estevez.

And, every year, the Guy in the Pontiac Vibe bets me $5 that the Buccos will go .500. And, being the contrarian I am, I take the bet. A few more years of the Nutting regime and my 401(k) should be back to pre- dot-com bubble crash numbers.

Something different this season though. Win or lose the kids win. I jumped on Ginny's This is the Year bandwagon over at That's Church. I hear that bandwagon has "margaritas, burritos, hot babes, shirtless football players, playful puppies, a billion dollars in cash on board, and we don’t brake for pigeons."  There's plenty of room on the wagon. Or, for you realists naysayers out there, you can click on the Not an Ice Cream Cone's Chance in Hell No This is Not the Year link. Either way, the money's for the kids.

 So It's Time. We Will. Or Come See Us Play. Let's go Bucs!!

Besides if you Come Hungry there's always the Victory Knot. Only 81 victories costs me $5. Hell, this just may be the year. Maybe these are the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment