Sunday, June 21, 2009

Well, another Fathers Day is in the books.
Traditionally, this "holiday" is spent walking a leisurely 18 holes with dad, followed by a few cold ones and t-bones on the grill. For you, I hope tradition reigned.
For me, for the last 20+ years at least, Fathers Day has always been a time of reflection. Some years more, some less, but reflection all the same.
Let it suffice to say that in my nearly half-century on the planet, I've done a lot of things that I'm not necessarily proud of. I make no excuses and I do have plenty of amends to make. Hence, the reflections.
It is said you reap what you sow. I'm not known as a prolific green thumb, but I have planted 3 crops. I gave up the first seedling, and hear it has grown strong and is thriving. I have met with mixed success with the other two this Fathers Day. I do what I can, but, unfortunately, there's alot of others helping out with the feeding and fertilizing. Sometimes all we can do is keep trying and nurturing and hope that eventually they both will flower also.
To all the other forgotten planter/dads out there: all we can do is to keep trying and hope tomorrow brings more sunshine than rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment